Tuesday 4 June 2019

Ashridge Forest Walk - around the Management College

45 minutes walk. 3.26km. Small car park on Nettleden Road  SP 99667 12808 
If you want a longer walk try this 2.5 hour walk on OS Maps.

I popped up to Ashridge on Sunday morning with a friend to take a meander around the area near to the Ashridge Management Centre. In all my years of living in towns around the forest I can't believe I have never actually been in the valley to the east of the college. It was absolutely stunning.

All of these pictures enlarge with a tap/or click.



These cows were getting quite a trot on. Maybe it was their Sunday morning jog?






These pair of heads guard a main entrance door to the Management College. I know nothing about the stonework, but it's definitely crumbling on the north facing side.  There was a wedding group assembling outside so we left them to it.




I love the appearance of knarly and decaying wood.








The end?